“I believe in Parma and its residents. I am part of this community because of the hard-working people. I believe in giving back to the city I love. I am seeking better future for our kids.”
A RECORD OF SUCCESS
Sign Up for Updates from the Campaign Trail!
Request a Yard Sign
Meet Vito …
Councilman Vito Dipierro is honored to represent the residents of Ward 1. He was elected to his first term in November 2013. The son of Italian immigrants from Bari, Italy, Vito grew up in a tight-knit family with three brothers and a sister. He graduated from Normandy High School in 1995. After high school, he worked for a family waterproofing business, as well as Union Camp in Solon, Ohio, as a member of the International Paper Workers Union Local #672. An interest in real estate led him to take courses at Cuyahoga Community College’s Western Campus. He earned his real estate license in 2002. Taking after his father, a Parma small-business owner for 40 years, Vito started his own brokerage in 2013.
Outside of work, Vito is a parishioner at St. Bridget’s of Kildare Parish. He is also involved with the Parma Area Chamber of Commerce and the Parma Rotary Club. He and his wife, Sherri, have been married since 2013. They enjoy exploring the local parks, riding bikes, and getting ice cream treats with their twin daughters.
… A PROVEN LEADER FOR WARD 1.
Endorsed by Teamsters Local 416, Teamsters Ohio DRIVE, Cleveland Building Trades, Pipefitters
Local 55, FOP Lodge 15, AFL-CIO, Pipefitters 120, and UAW Local 1005.
A Safer Community
Vito places the safety of our community above all else. That is why he will continue to hold annual safety meetings to keep residents informed, listen, address their concerns, and allow constituents to interact with safety forces.
Vito has a track record of putting our well-being first. He will continue to prioritize our safety by ensuring that our police and firefighters have the proper tools, funding, resources, training, and equipment to keep our families safe.
Improved Infrastructure, Roads, City Services and Quality of Life
Vito improved our Streets Plan Program and will continue to dedicate his time and effort to improving our roads and infrastructure in Ward 1. He has secured the funding for improvements for Pearl Rd., Ridge Rd., Brookpark Rd., and many side streets. Vito also secured the funding for the Chevy Basin helping hundreds of residents.
Greater Opportunity for Success
Vito knows how hard it can be to make a living. He is committed to promoting Ward 1 and Parma small businesses, bringing in new businesses, and increasing funding to help our economy and job market grow. As a member of council, growth has been a priority for Vito and Parma has seen growth in:
- Expanded ER and medical services to create over 150 good-paying jobs
- Expanded Prince and Izant to retain 100 jobs and create 16 new jobs
- Redeveloped Triad Metals Building to bring in new tenants and create 40 new jobs
- Instrumental in having the most job creation in the last 15 years in Parma by working with Pitt Ohio
Experienced. Engaged. Effective.
8 Years Of Leadership And A Track Record Of Being Involved In Community
And Getting Results For Ward One And Parma.
- Yearly safety meetings
- Led and introduced body camera for police in Parma
- Promote and support Policy that keeps our city and neighborhoods safe
- Fully fund and support police, firefighters and first responders
- Fight the opioid crisis, hold drug manufacturers accountable, and connect people in need with treatment
- Improve roads and infrastructure
- Funded and completed the Chevy Detention Basin
- Staff and equip our service department
- Support the Senior Center and programs that benefit our senior’s wellness
- Sponsors our local schools, churches and events that benefit Parma residents
- Recognize Ward One residents that take pride in their home
- Support policy that treats workers fairly
- Continue to be an independent voice on city council representing the people’s interest not a political party’s
- Watchdog on budget and spending
- Invest in technology to make city hall more efficient
- Got a financial review done (PFM)
- Cost sharing with other cities, saving Parma taxpayer dollars
- Led and introduced legislation allowing for Parma’s first microbrewery
- Parma’s largest job growth under Vito’s leadership
- Led legislation limiting the proliferation of self-storage facilities
- Led legislation limiting the proliferation of vape shops
- Led legislation setting standards for vacant building window coverings
- Promotes and supports Parma small businesses
- Block grant monies back to Ward One neighborhoods
- Regular communication and updates to Ward One residents
- Leader on policies that protect our housing stock, values and property rights
- Led on the complete renovation of Miller Park with 100% private funding
- Communicate help and voucher programs to Ward One resident
- Member of St. Bridget’s of Kildare, Rotary, Parma Chamber, ACAR and Parma housing taskforce
- Support and engage with rec department and programs (coached t-ball)
- Led Parma Fall Food Drive and Shred Event
- Volunteer at multiple food drives
- Leader on clean-up efforts in Ward One and Metroparks
- Works with juvenile diversion kids
- Support tree canopy program
- Secured CDBG funds for Streetscape improvements to Chevrolet Boulevard – new curbs, sidewalks, stamped brick, decorative planters, banner poles, banners celebrating Parma